Lab Technician Position (full time)
Siegel Lab, Biomedical Center
Siegel Lab research interests:
Viruses, bacteria, and parasites all face similar challenges when infecting a susceptible host: they have to evade the host immune response. One strategy used by many pathogens to evade the immune response is antigenic variation. Antigenic variation refers to the capacity of an infecting organism to systematically alter the identity of proteins displayed to the host immune system making it difficult or impossible for the host to eliminate the pathogen.
The goal of our research is to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying antigenic variation in Trypanosoma brucei, the causative agent of human sleeping sickness in Sub-Saharan Africa. Using numerous system-wide approaches (high-resolution ChIP-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, Hi-C) as well as state of-the-art imaging and proteomics, we study how different chromatin structures are established at specific loci along the genome, how they are formed across the nucleus in 3 dimensions and how they affect gene expression.
- Enjoy working in an international team
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Motivation to acquire basic knowledge of German
- Background in molecular biology and cell culture work
- Motivation to keep our lab organized, develop an independent project and to learn new techniques
- Training to be a laboratory assistant, a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree
- A 2-year position with the possibility of an extension. The salary is based on TV-L (max E9) with the typical package of benefits
- An excellent scientific environment in the newly built Biomedical Center (BMC) of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich, one of the top-ranked universities in Germany.
- An opportunity to learn cutting-edge techniques at the interphase of chromatin biology, infection biology and systems biology.
- Great and very welcoming colleagues.
If you are interested, please submit your application containing a CV, a reference letter and a cover letter describing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31.12.2021.
For any questions regarding the position please contact Nicolai Siegel (email@example.com)
- siegel_lab_technician (976 KByte)